Tuesday 4 February 2014

STREETS FOR PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE Workshop , Aundh



A Workshop organised by
VIT’s P.V.P. College of Architecture, Pune and SUM Net India (Sustainable Urban Mobility)

In association with
Prasanna Desai Architects (PDA), West Aundh Welfare Association (WAWA), Jyestha Nagarik Sangha, Wireless Area Management Forum, Aundh Vikas Mandal (AVM), Pune Municipal Corporation & Corporators – Aundh Ward

(Dates – 11th November 2013 to 16th November 2013)



 


Objectives of the Workshop

• ‘Complete Design of Street’ – Understanding the concepts of Sustainable Urban Mobility with         exploration of Street as a Vibrant Urban Space

• Understanding the concept of ‘Sustainable Urban Mobility’ and how its principles can be applied onto an existing urban fabric in terms of reducing the overdependence on private mode of transport and promoting and strengthening public transport, non motorised transport systems and pedestrian environment

• Exploring the value of ‘Street’ as an ‘Urban Space’ as a stage setting for daily human life, where by the physical and spatial redesign of streets or squares can lead to vibrant urban spaces encouraging a ‘People friendly Environment’

• The process to be carried out with active participation of residents & users of the area of study (Aundh)














CATALYZING  COMMUNITIES. FACILITATING  CHANGE. 





2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I really liked your website and the community meetings organised by you.

    I notice you need a contractor... I recently got a duplex built in Bangalore. At first it was difficult for me to get any helpful thing going but I stumbled upon a website where I got help from. I would recommend you to also check the website up; it contains very useful details about the current cost of construction and articles related to building contractors.
    A4 Design and Construction : http://architects4design.com/

    I believe you would be helped like I was. You can check their site and then called them. I must confess A4 Construction and Design is built upon knowledge of experts. They do anything relate to construction job. They got my requirement and did exactly what I wanted. You can check them out on through this link mentioned below.

    I wish you well... and Congrats in advance *smiles*

    Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Snehal Desai from School Of Architecture, Akola, currently studying in 4th year.
    I have seen your projects and the efforts your firm focuses, on development of the society and to carry out the responsibilities of an aware citizen. I consider myself as a hardworker and I would love to work with a firm that's leading the future of the society.
    I therefore request you to consider me for the intern position from June 2017 to December 2017.

    ReplyDelete